June 28, 2016

A Passion for Photography



At Nalanda University Ruins
I am Nishant Tiwary, an officer of Indian Police Service. I feel fortunate having served as Senior Superintendent of Police of Gaya and as Superintendent of Police in Nalanda, Nawada and Aurangabad districts – a part of the ancient Magadha region, as well as in Bettiah and Bagaha districts- both in historical Champaran region.

An avid photographer, I have worked as a software engineer in India and abroad but later left the lucrative IT sector to serve my motherland. Weaving together my photographs and narrative, I have authored 'Celebrating Bihar: The Charm of Champaran' showcasing the breathtaking natural beauty, ancient heritage monuments, art and culture of the Champaran region. The next book of the Celebrating Bihar collection, 'The Heritage of Nalanda' was also published in more than 150 countries in the year 2014.

Photography to me is the landscape of the soul and an expression of self; it's a venture to demystify the realm of unknown. I derive pure pleasure out of freezing the fleeting moments forever; the sublime art of photography is a humble tribute to the majestic and magical creations of both God and mankind. The moment becomes still and gets enshrined in the beholder’s heart eternally. I strongly feel that photography is a script free, grammar free language comprehended by all; it's a powerful medium of expression for a sensitive soul rather than being just an output of a shutter-lens arrangement. The adventurous discoverer eye behind the lens, once involved and focused, transports me to a state of trance and to a different world altogether.

Bringing the millennia old hidden treasures out gives me deep contentment as making people realize globally about our glorious heritage is a great service to both, the nation and the world. I have always tried to go beyond the call of duty and strived hard to know and cherish my place of postings by researching its history, art, culture and people.



1 comment: